History & News
Smart Energy Newsletter
See our Smart Energy newsletter for current news from PNCECE.
- Energy Education Resource Guide: Energy and electrical pre-engineering programs in Washington state’s community and technical colleges, March 2016
- Washington state Centers of Excellence earn Exemplary Leadership award, April 24, 2015, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), The directors of Washington state’s Centers of Excellence were awarded the Idahlynn Karre Exemplary Leadership award at the Chair Academy’s April International Leadership conference. The award is given to postsecondary education leaders or leadership teams that have enhanced educational opportunities on their campuses.
- Sen. Cantwell sees fruits of Clean Energy grant, April 9, 2015
- Core Plus Skills Center Meeting, January 2015. James Ratzenberger, Cliff from Cheers, Keynote.
- Centers of Excellence celebrate 10th year of innovative workforce development for Washington, December 2014
- Center partners with Washington State Labor Council and industry partners to promote Careers in Energy Week, October 2014
- Center of Excellence for Clean Energy and Centralia College lead $10-million DoL TAACCCT Round 4 grant, September 29, 2014
- Skill Profiles for Energy Management Occupations, June 2014
- Washington Sustainability Postsecondary Education (Briefing Paper), prepared by Alan Hardcastle, Senior Research Associate, Washington State University Energy Program, June 2014
- PNCECE releases capstone project: Workforce Challenges of Electric Power Employers in the Pacific Northwest – led by WSU (press release, December 2013)
- Labor market study “Workforce Challenges of the Electric Power Employers in the Pacific Northwest,” October 2013
- Careers In Energy Week, led by the Center of Excellence for Clean Energy and WSLC, breaks nationwide records for most events and largest outreach.
- PNCECE achieves 145 percent of hiring target as U.S. Dept. of Energy grant ends (press release, Sept., 2013)
- Energy Education Resource Guide: Energy and electrical pre-engineering programs in Washington state’s community and technical colleges, June 2013
- State Sector Strategies, Coming of Age: Implications for State Workforce Policymakers
- Greener Reality: Jobs, Skills, and Equity in a Cleaner U.S. Economy, COWS (Center on Wisconsin Strategy)
- Careers in Energy Week celebrated by statewide events October 15-19, 2012. Events coordinated by the Pacific Northwest Center of Excellence for Clean Energy. See Careers in Energy Week 2012 Events.
- PNCECE Partner Evaluation Report, Prepared by The Saflund Institute, June 2012
- A Powerful Workforce, Washington Business, Spring 2012
- Centralia College Energy Technology students design and lead a green energy generation lab within the KNOLL (news article)
- Workforce Trends, Western Energy, Spring 2012
- Governor proclaims Oct. 17-22 Careers in Energy Week, October 7, 2011. Events coordinated by the Pacific Northwest Center of Excellence for Clean Energy.
- Senator Cantwell announces $11 million for Smart Grid Workforce Training, April 8, 2010
- International presence at the U.S.-Canada Clean Energy Conference and part of the U.S. Department of Education delegation to Germany
- Awarded a $5 Million 3 year Department of Energy Smart Grid Workforce Grant creating the Pacific Northwest Center of Excellence for Clean Energy
- College energy program recognized, Business to Business, August 2009
- Centers codified into state law; officially named the Washington State Center of Excellence for Energy Technology
- Center of Excellence was commissioned by the Northwest Energy Efficiency Taskforce (NEET), NEET Report, October 2009
- Partnership with the Veterans Conservation Corps established to bring skilled veterans to the energy sector
- Initiated first ever skill panel and skill standards for Wind Turbine Technicians
- Partnership created with the Center for Energy Workforce Development
- Center of Excellence featured in Model Skill Panel Report, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce (CSW) was commissioned by Washington State Workforce Education and Coordinating Board to conduct report
- Published Electric Sector Labor Market Survey for Washington and Oregon
- Cantwell, Murray, Baird Applaud Efforts of Local Community to Prepare Workforce for 21st Century Pacific Mountain Workforce Consortium Receives $5 Million WIRED Grant; Elected Officials Participate in Forum of Community Leaders to Address America’s Workforce Needs for Today and the Future
- Partner in a three-year $5 million WIRED grant to expand energy workforce opportunities
- Skill Panel/Skill Standard Project launched for key occupations in the energy sector
- Name changed to Center of Excellence for Energy Technology
- The Center of Excellence for Power Generation and Transmission established by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges