Hiring for Hydro is a recruiting and educational event for new workforce entrants in the hydropower industry in the Pacific Northwest. Students, educators, hydro companies and their recruiters meet to network and recruit a future workforce. This year’s event takes place on Feb. 21 at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel, 1401 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201. For more information, go to the Hydro Research Foundation website.
- Learn about exciting advances in hydropower.
- Network with others interested in renewable energy.
- Awards luncheon – potential to receive industry scholarship awards for students.
- Hear from experts about the abundant career opportunities in the industry.
- Meet with industry recruiters.
- Participate in an education session where you will be provided with interviewing guidance and best practice, hydropower resources from industry professionals, and guidance with your elevator speech.
The Original Renewable Energy: Hydropower Industry is Creating Jobs
The hydropower industry employs over 300,000 workers. With an expanding fleet of hydropower resources and a retiring workforce, now is the time to join the industry. Hydropower continues to grow, and estimates show that 1.4 million jobs could be created by 2025. This industry is stable, pays well, and provides benefits that are hard to beat. For more information on jobs in hydropower, go to the National Hydropower Association website.
Jobs in the Hydropower Industry
- Installation Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Plant Efficiency Operators
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Maintenance Technicians