Energy & Construction Best Practices Summit
10th Annual Energy & Construction Best Practices Summit
May 28 & 29 at Bates Technical College, south campus
Join us for this exciting free two-day event! May 28 and 29 at Bates Technical College – south campus
Keynote: Brian Young, WA Dept. of Commerce Clean Tech Sector Lead will provide an excellent link between the clean energy and construction industries and align the theme with the governor’s platform on clean technology.
Registration (it’s required and is free).
9th Annual Energy & Construction Best Practices Summit
Thank you to our vendors, speakers, sponsors and guests for making the 9th Annual Energy & Construction Best Practices Summit a successful event! Scroll below the videos for presentations, handouts, links and photographs.
Summit Summary of Proceedings by Alan Hardcastle, Ph.D., WSU Energy Program
Building a Regional Resilience by Capt. Matt Cutts, P.E., M.SAME, USCG (Ret.); Daniela Todesco, P.E., M.SAME; and Yumei Wang, P.E., M.SAME, F.ASCE (Jan. 2015)
Day One: Sustaining Our Nation’s Infrastructure
#1: Opening Ceremony, President’s Welcome and Keynote Speaker
#2: Morning Executive Panel/Implications of Carbon
#3: Energy Industry Afternoon Breakout Session
Day Two: Cascadia Regional Earthquake Preparedness Workshop
#1: Executive Panel
#2: Afternoon Energy Breakout Session: Cascadia Earthquake Readiness – Earthquake Impact on Energy Infrastructure
Presentations and Handout
- Both Days: Summit Program Guide
- Day 1:Keynote Presentation: The Stand Up Economist: Carbon and the Economy
- Day 1: Energy Breakout Session Presentation by Arlene Abbott
- Day 2:Handout – Oregon Petroleum Emergency Preparedness Program
- Day 2:Cascadia Earthquake Readiness Workshop Overview_June 19 2014
- Day 2:Allison_Pyrch_SAME-061814
- The Oregon Resilience Plan
- Resilient Washington State
- The Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup 2013 Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake magnitude 9.0 earthquake scenario
- Is the Pacific Northwest Ready to Deal with a Catastrophic Quake? by Christopher Brewer of The Chronicle on Emergency Management.com
Thank you Sponsors!
Including platinum level LabVolt and others (visit sponsor page)
Summit Photo Gallery
This year’s annual Energy and Construction Best Practices Summit was presented by five Washington state Centers of Excellence. Joining the Center of Excellence for Clean Energy and Construction Center of Excellence are:
The Cascadia Regional Earthquake Regional Preparedness Workshop (day 2 of this year’s summit) was sponsored by the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup (CREW)